There are a few weeks left. There’s still time to do some of your favorite things. Stop and take a moment to make a list. When Labor Day weekend is here, what are the things that you MOST want to remember doing this summer?
The winter of 2013-2014 was so COLD here in the U.S. I made a special point of making a list for myself right at the start of spring knowing that I needed to recharge. Here are a few things that were on it. I am excited to say that I have already completed it with only one more activity to go. With a few weeks left, I may do some of them again!
· Visit my old college roommates and catch up.
· Stand Up Paddleboard in the sea.
· Eat Cherokee purple tomato sandwiches with mayo and fresh basil.
· Go to Jones Beach in Long Island at least once. (I didn’t go one year and I felt the loss all winter long. There’s just something about that beach. I love it so much I included it in my debut novel, I Know You’re There.)
· Host a New York City visit for out of town guests –(Blog to follow on this)
· Sit on the front porch with a good book and fresh ice tea spiked with mint leaves.
· Walk barefooted on fresh cut green grass.
· Listen to the honeybees ravage the crape myrtle tree when it blooms.
· Enjoy the local farm to table restaurants with my husband.
Still to do:
Attend Laze Daze Festival in Cary, North Carolina.
I love the simplicity of summer, don’t you? What is on your summer bucket list?